The cat owners might face problems with their pets like their cat peeing outside the litter box. This is a common problem that can happen to any pet owner in the world. It sounds like a personal attack on the pet owner which turns into an annoying situation. If you are also among such pet owners and looking for the reasons and solutions to “Why my cat is peeing on the bed or everywhere?” then we are here to discuss the query in brief with effective results, how to get out of such problems and make your cat learn where to pee.
Why Does My Cat Pee on my Bed and Not in The Litter Box?
Many pet owners ask the query, why cats might pee on their beds or everywhere. It depends upon various factors like their medical circumstances which might be critical. While another reason can be when a cat’s need is not fulfilled by the pet owner. For example, cats require some importance in their lives like safety, security, and stimulation.
- Safety: With the term safety, we mean that the cats need to be safe while having food, and water and not feel like being harassed or threatened by the pet owner or stranger.
- Security: Cats need some space for themselves to hide like when they wish not to meet specific people they can run and hide in any secure place.
- Stimulation: Cats love activities and hence they enjoy playing with toys in the home.
In conclusion, we can say that when cats are able to express their feeling to their pet owners and enjoy staying at home without getting bored. This will lead to the good news because the peeing behavior can be stopped by following such pieces of advice.
Is My Pet Suffering from any Medical Issues As My Cat is Peeing on the Bed?
If you are facing problems with your cat peeing on the bed then it is advisable to communicate with your vet if your pet feels discomfort as to any medical issues. It might be possible that your cat is suffering from problems like diabetes, kidney issues, and urinary tract infection. In case, your cat is peeing suddenly on the bed or outside the litter box then try to contact the veterinarian immediately to examine the problem.
Signs to check if your cat is peeing everywhere:
- To examine at your end, you should check whether your cat is urinating properly or getting some strain or pain while peeing. In such a case, you should contact the pet doctor without wasting a single moment.
- Once the doctor completes the examination and confirms any serious disease like urinary tract infection or diabetes. Try to follow the advice given by the vet to get rid of this before it becomes a serious problem.
Important Factors Why Does My Cat Pee on My Bed?
- Have you changed the routine?
Do you know cats love to be in routine and comfort? If you have done any specific changes to their routine then it might be possible that your cat is peeing on the floor, outside the litter box, or everywhere.
- Sudden time variation in management:
Another important factor can be when you have changed your own scheduling and have not given proper attention to your cat. For example, you have a new member in a house may be a cat or dog. Then, in such situations, your older pet needs some time to get adjusted so that it can feel safe and secure.
- The litter box location is inappropriate
You should place the litter box in a quiet area where your cat will be able to pee and poop wisely. Because the cats love a peaceful and quiet area at the time of using the litter box. If you place it in a noisy space like high traffic road, a loud washing machine, or electronic appliances then your cat might not feel secure and fed up after a while.
- Check if your cat finds it comfortable to pee on the existing litter box
Sometimes, there might be circumstances when your cat does not like a bad smells or gets frustrated as the sides of the litter box get touched to their body while peeing or pooping. Thus, it is advisable to check your cat’s litter box and make it appropriate as per your pets’ convenience.
- Are your cat feels stress or anxiety?
As per medical studies, another reason for peeing outside the litter box is because of any biological problem. For example, it might be possible that your cat is suffering from stress or anxiety. This will be responsible for the imbalance of your pet’s hormonal and chemical functionalities in the body.
How to Stop When the Cat Peed on my Bed?
Examine the location of the litter box
Pet owners need to understand the reason why their cat is peeing on the bed. In some conditions, it is observed that the cats love to pee in lighter and not in darker areas. If you have kept their litter box in a darker space then it can be one obvious reason why the cat is peeing on the bed. So, in such circumstances, it is good to change the location of the litter box and check whether your lovable cat is peeing properly.
Make a habit to clean the litter box daily
It is quite obvious that cleanliness plays a vital role in anybody’s life. It can be humans or animals; everyone wants their place to be clean and tidy. Similarly, your cat needs to have a sparkling and shiny litter box so as to pee or poop when required. It is your responsibility as a pet lover to clean the area and equipment properly and check if this can help you with the peeing problem.
Make your cat a more active and playful
Anxiety and stress can be major concerns because of which cat peed on the bed or other places. So, try to entertain your pet by scheduling some exercises and playing with ideas daily for an hour. This will help to reduce the stress of your pet and make them active as they are more engaged with exercise and lots of activities.
Try to play with your cat on the bed
Yes, this can solve your problem. For example, if you start to play with your pet on the bed then it will give a different meaning and understanding in their mind. They will learn that this is a place where we play and not to pee or poop. You can train your pet in a similar way to make them learn the importance of bed.
Work on yourself and be patient
What can be a more awkward incident than this when you open your eyes early in the morning and get a toxic smell as your cat peed on the bed? In such conditions, it is not good to scold your pet. Apart from this you should work on yourself and be patient as this is a difficult task to make your pet pee at an appropriate place like a litter box. It will require at least a month to train your pet and let them understand where to pee or poop. You can communicate with your vet or hire a certified and proficient cat behavior specialist who can help you in getting rid of such problems instantly.
What if the Cat Peed on my Bed – Solutions to Get Out of Cat’s Pee Nasty Smell
If your cat peed on your bed then the first step that you should take is to clean the stains as soon as possible. Follow the below process to get out of the cat’s pee nasty smell from the bed:
- If your cat is peeing on the bed and you need to be free from the tough smell. It is important to mark that specific area immediately after your cat urinates.
- Utilizing a towel without rubbing the area will help you to remove the excess urine.
- Now, make a mixture of vinegar and water in a bottle. In the next step, try to spray the mixture on a respective area to neutralize the smell.
- Let the mixture rest for at least 5 to 10 minutes and then clean the area with the help of a towel. This process will support you to remove the excess moisture because of which the nasty odor will be eliminated.
- Once you are done with the above method, now is the time to utilize the enzymatic cleaner. The cleaning agents are helpful in breaking down the urine molecules which ultimately removes the bad smell.
We understand how annoying you must be feeling when your cat is peeing on the bed. Here, we have provided the respective information which will help you in solving such a nuisance problem. All you need to follow the pieces of advice mentioned above and keep a little patience to be free from such disturbing situations. After some time, you will be able to see your dry bed which will make you happy as a cat owner.